Cannot sync with J-Pilot

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 23 19:37:30 UTC 2007

On 3/23/07, Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Mar 23 13:13:13 glo kernel: usb 5-2.2: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd
> and address 7
> Mar 23 13:13:31 glo kernel: usb 5-2.2: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd
> and address 8
> Mar 23 13:14:01 glo kernel: usb 5-2.2: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd
> and address 9
> (ad nauseum with increasing "address" numbers every couple seconds,
> and no ttyUSB[01])

I don't know if this is related or not, but I used to get very similar
messages when I plugged in a dieing (and now dead) USB mouse.  It
seemed as though the kernel was trying over and over again to do some
kind of handshake with the mouse, but then the mouse would quit and
the process would start over again.  Only solution for me was to buy a
new mouse.

Ian

--
Tired of pop-ups, security holes, and spyware?
Try Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com