OT: Looking for a scanner

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 22 17:55:26 UTC 2007

Hi all,

   My old scanner is dieing, and I am in the need of *something*. I was
posting in the off hope someone here on the list might have an old
scanner gathering dust they don't use anymore they might be willing to
part with for a pittance. :) All I need is something that, preferably,
runs under Linux and can scan documents (no pics or anything fancy).

   I know scanners are cheap, and failing this I'll bite the bullet and
buy one. In that case, can anyone recommend a currently available
scanner that is known to work with Linux? I know parallel port scanners
(the one I have now) don't get along with Linux at all.

   Thanks all!

Madi

PS - If you do have a scanner, please ping me off-list. Thanks oodles!