If Microsoft created vi

Peter P. plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 20 22:59:31 UTC 2007

Sy Ali <sy1234 at ...> writes:

> On 3/19/07, Peter P. <plpeter2006 at ...> wrote:
> > James Knott <james.knott <at> ...> writes:
> >
> > > Emacs is a text editor too???
> >
> > I wonder why people insist calling the emacs operating system an 'editor' ?!
> > This is becoming somewhat degrading after a while, you know ...
>
> An operating system?  I thought it was a development framework.

Well, you can call it whatever you want, what I like about it is its boot
loaders.  One is called Linacks or something like that and there is also one
made by Microsoft and a number of lesser known ones. Some boot loaders display
pretty cool graphics before they start the real OS (i.e. Emacs).

Peter P.