Troubleshooting without help from others

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 15 21:09:00 UTC 2007

Madison Kelly wrote:
> b) The Internet has atrophied our minds because it allows us to get
> away without thinking/problem solving on our own anymore?

Never memorize what you can look up. -- Einstein

Rob is also right to say that other parts of our minds expand as our
use of it shifts.  And even more right in mentioning how real
troubleshooting skills can't be solved with simple Googling.  Yet.

Google suggest in the year 2112:

Did you really mean to troubleshoot:

[x] When using Slackware version 203 and having reinstalled kgnome 4.2
and gesturing over the alpha menu with my left hand, I get a feedback
sensor glitch with a tingling sensation in my left ring finger.

: 202,013 blog posts, 180,000 related bug reports (179,999
duplicates), 5 confirmed solutions, 2 methods reproduced and solved by
GoogleAI

[auto-blog about this]
[submit a bug report]
[submit a patch]