MIT Scheme compilation problem

Peter P. plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 15 06:44:47 UTC 2007

Lennart Sorensen <lsorense at ...> writes:

> Which mit-scheme version are you using to compile mit-scheme?
>
> The debian package build depends on mit-scheme in order to build
> mit-scheme (seems like the typical compiler chicken/egg issue). :)

None. That's the problem. I know that this scheme implementation is a pun on
recursive (positive) jokes a la GNU, but I really need a way to do this because
I'm trying to make it run on a system that does not belong to any particular
distribution. Its library set will not match any downloaded precmpiled package
(even though the base is - or sort of was at one time or another - Debian).

So what's the policy on bootstrapping Scheme ? I thought only Emacs and other
operating systems need bootstrapping ? ;-)

thanks,

Peter