perl / ifram / javascript question

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 14 02:36:41 UTC 2007

Hi all,

   I've got a thing I want to do with my web app that I know is possible
but can't for the life of me figure out... I've googled this do death
but am probably stumbling over something really simple.

   Anyway, I want to use perl to round a number (for now; later want to
submit a form without reloading the whole page).

   So I'd like to be able to have a javascript function pass a couple
variables to a perl script (ie:
'http://foo.com/cgi-bin/script?num=<real_number>&precision=<precision>').
Then, once the perl script does it's magic, load the numbers into hidden
form fields via an iframe for the calling script to read).

   Hope this makes sense :) Thanks in advance!

Madi