make-kpkg makes HUGE kernel packages??

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 12 19:41:48 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 17:48 -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 03:32:58PM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> > i looked through /lib/modules, and the hugeness is pretty evenly
> > distributed throughout.  i don't know tyhat much about debug settings,
> > but i did a grep for DEBUg in my .config and came up with the below --
> > is this likely the source of my problem?
>
> Could you do:
>
> df -h /lib/modules/*/*

sorry for the delay lennart; in fact, i had already uninstalled and
deleted the resultant packages by the time i got your email, as my /boot
and / were VERY cramped (100%, in fact) as a result of their presence;
and I didn't really have another machine i was willing to install these
packages on.  in any case i tried the compilation with all debug options
set to N, and i ended up with a more normal kernel.  so hopefully that's
the solution -- and indeed it seems to be working thus far on my mythtv
box.  thanks,

matt