Hosed XFS drive?

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 11 22:19:08 UTC 2007

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007, Peter King wrote:

> Anyone with any experience fixing XFS filesystems? Any ideas?

Try using xfs_repair -L.  This will zero the log and then attempt the
repair.  You may lose data out of this, as per the man page.  In the years
that I've been using XFS I've had 2 occassions when a vanilla xfs_repair
failed but an xfs_repair -L succeeded (without data loss).

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073