HTML/Middle-click/Security question...

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 10 06:41:43 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 09:02:46PM -0500, Madison Kelly wrote

>   How can I make a click-able search result that sends a POST to the
> server, works without javascript and supports middle-clicking to
> open the search result in a new tab?
>
>   Currently, with the scheme I have, you can't middle-click on the
> result at all because it is a form 'submit' button (but looks like
> normal text). This is really not good, given that middle-clicking
> on search results is a big sell for tabbed browsers. :)
>
>  Any ideas/suggestions/pointers will be *much* appreciated!

   Can you forget about buttons, and emulate Google?  I think it's
"dynamic HTML", i.e. adding 'a href="' in front of the URL, and closing
it after the URL.  A bit more work, but middle-clickable.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1