Mail Setups

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 9 23:07:10 UTC 2007

Make a nice survey and you will know :)

Right now I use gmail as my primary account. It is very convenient, because I
can access it from work and from home. From work on www (though could be also
by pop3 and smtp). From home i use practically only pop3 and google smtp
which runs on a higher port ). Rogers does not allow access to external smtp
on port 25). Google authentication has some sort of security features i did
not bother much to remember about.

I use from home KMail right now, but I used thunderbird as well. Pine in the
past for long (now I see no good reason to use text based email clients in
most cases).

Mailing lists? Any reasonably good client can do well with them, just a matter
of personal configuration.

Problem with google is that they may (and likely they do) monitoring of your
mail and one can not know what they are doing with all that information.
However, do we know what sort of homeland or foreign secred service people
are installed at let say Sympatico or Rogers? I have no doubt that there are
such people there.

If someone is paranoic or sends mails with possibly sensitive content to/from
a company  he/she is employed at - than mails should be encrypted and go
through company smtp server.

zb.