Mail Setups

Brandon Sandrowicz brandon-77Z/iqU1yLlrovVCs/uTlw at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 9 22:37:18 UTC 2007

I'm just wondering what people's mail setups are like.  Do you just POP3
all your email with fetchmail and use a console client?  Do you just use
webmail like Gmail or Hotmail?  Do you have email on a hosting service,
and use IMAP?  Console/GUI email app?  Does your client implement SMTP
or do you use a local server?  If so, is it fully featured like postfix
or basic like ssmtp?

I don't want to start some flame war (console vs. gui or mbox vs
whatever), I'm just wondering how people on TLUG deal with email.  Just
something about what you use and why you use it.

Personally, I've used things from Apple's Mail.app to Thunderbird to
Mutt to Pine to Outlook to Outlook Express over the years.  Right now
I'm using Thunderbird on OS X, but I was using Mutt previously for a while.

An additional question would be how do you deal with Mailing Lists?  I
know that some people setup specific email addresses for mailing lists.
  I've even heard of people using a gmail account only for mailing lists
because they feel it handles them the best (compared to other webmail
clients I guess).

Brandon