What's the story about Slack 11?

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 7 14:51:25 UTC 2007

On 3/6/07, Paul King <sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I downloaded a DVD ISO (bittorrent) of Slack 11, and I can't seem to boot from
> it. Anyone else have the same problem?

Sorry to be a pedant, but the first thing I'd try - after I'd burned
it and it had failed, I would have done that too - is to go get an
md5sum from an ftp site and check it.  If the .iso on your HD is
sound, try running md5sum against the DVD itself (I've done it but
it's been a while ... I think you just do "md5sum /dev/dvd" with the
device unmounted?).

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/