ACM (Association for Computing Machinery), anyone member, or member of similar - how useful?

tleslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 7 05:57:04 UTC 2007

they are not overly specific, thats what worries me

>From their flyer ..

Free and unlimited access to nearly 1000 online books inc. 500 Safari
Ent., O'Reilly, Cisco Press, and Addison Wesly

Free and unlimited access to 1200 online course via  Thomson NETg

they dont give specifics about any particular book, just broad subject
categories.

have to check out the web site, maybe they give more info

one hates to sign up, then find out what they give is already free if
you dig, or maybe its slightly outdated stuff.

must be that ACM gets rights to put some authors books online for a fee,
on that note RMS is probably not a member of ACM ;)

if no member can post current insight (may no one on list is current
member), i will dig deeper, maybe even risk a years membership.

-tl