kate without KDE

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 6 14:51:56 UTC 2007

I'm switching back to blackbox and experiencing the wonderous
wonderfulness that is a fast desktop experience.

But I miss kate, and I want to use it again.

Except kate's hotkeys don't work.  All the internal stuff works, like
control-u to uppercase.

But I bound 'activate next/prev tab' to control-tab and
shift-control-tab and that won't work.

Many other hotkeys work, but 'activate next/prev tab' won't, nomatter
what my preferences are set to.

What gives?  Is this because i'm not running kwin and some kind of
shortcut key manager?