Linux+ Certification

matt-oC+CK0giAiYdmIl+iVs3AywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org matt-oC+CK0giAiYdmIl+iVs3AywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 5 22:24:39 UTC 2007

Hi Rick,

I've never taken the Linux+ exam, but I did just finish the Red Hat
Certified Technician.  It is technically vendor-specific, but most of the
info is useful regardless of the distro.  The exam is a practical one, not
the usual multiple-guess kind.  It was pretty challenging, in that the
material is covered in the course leading up to the exam, but the emphasis
on objectives is pretty even, so you don't know what could be the BIG
questions on the exam.  I found that it helps to have some comfortability
with Linux in general, and any admin experience will hold you in good
stead.  As for the career benefit, I only passed on Friday, so I haven't
seen any benefit yet other than a kudos from my boss.

Hope that helps!
Matt