Recommendations for a USB 2.0 Expansion Card

Duncan MacGregor dbmacg-HLeSyJ3qPdM at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 2 18:11:56 UTC 2007

Alas, I do not have a nice answer for that.

When you get USB 2.0 cables. Some will work at 2.0.

All my 1.0 hubs work fine, at 1.0.

One 2.0 powered hub does not work. I lights up but nobody is home.
The other 2.0 hub works fine, but with only one of my three cables. (The
cables go to a Canon/Sony connector.) I have not had time to figure out why.

Every motherboard I have ever seen that has onboard usb headers works fine
with Linux, but not with Windows 95, 98 or ME.

I use usbview to confirm connections.

Dunc

On Friday 02 March 2007 12:33, Peter P. wrote:
> Duncan MacGregor <dbmacg at ...> writes:
> > In my experience, the cables you use can have an impact on the speed of
> > connection.
>
> Could you please elaborate on that ? Length ? Price ? No-nameness ?
>
> thanks,
> Peter P.

Duncan MacGregor   - Toronto -