[OT] New Bell TOS

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 25 13:51:22 UTC 2007

On 6/24/07, Sy Ali <sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Since there has been some related discussion, I thought I'd share some
> snippets about the new "proposed" Bell TOS.
>
> It lets them:
> Jack up all the prices, so long as they notify you by means of a
> method *they* think is reasonable.
> Then they can abort your service without notice or reason.
> Service cancellation lets them charge for future unused services.
> Then they can accelerate all charges to bill you immediately.
> They can enter your home without notice, to seize their property.
>
> Also,
> I am in violation of their TOS if I ever plug in a Bell modem and then
> disconnect it.
> I am unable to copy their TOS for any reason.  So I can't talk about
> it directly.

That's scary stuff. Do you have a URL with this information?

Since I'm considering revamping my phone/Internet setup at home, how about a
section on the GTAlug wiki about the various DSL providers? I see queries
every now and then on the mailing list, and it happens often enough that I
think it would be worthwhile to have current information posted there. For
example, I've heard good things about TekSavvy, although I'm with Sympatico
right now.

Also, I'm being hounded by Rogers Home Phone (*two* calls within four days)
and would like to get similar information posted about Skype/Rogers Home
Phone comparisons.

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario