Sample HTML to play FLV files from http://127.0.0.1 ?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 24 22:42:02 UTC 2007

  I've got a few .FLV (Flash Video) files that I want to pass around.
Under linux, it "just works" to play .FLV files with mplayer or
whatever.  My Windows-using friends don't have it so easy (Yes, some of
my best friends are Windows-users<g>).  There doesn't seem to be a
"native" .FLV player in Windows.

  Obviously, YouTube, etc, work over the web for Flash-enabled browsers.
I assume that it's a matter of putting together the correct HTML to
invoke Flash (plugin or Active-X control) in the user's browser to play
the .FLV file.  Does anyone have working sample HTML code that does the
trick to get the browser to "play" a local .FLV file?  I've looked at
YouTube and other sites, and I see a gazillion references to server-side
scripts, which I can't figure out.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?