MythTV changes.

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 24 00:34:35 UTC 2007

--- Dave Germiquet <davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Does anyone know if they'll have an option to pay
> for subscribition and use it with mythtv?
>
> Ya thats right i said it.. pay...

I have been looking through the mythtv-users mailing
list and there has been a LOT of discussion re: what
will happen after the shutdown of Zap2it Labs. At the
moment all options appear to still be on the table
(screen scrapping, pay service, and/or other).

About the only things that do seem to be sure are:

- September 1st, Zap2it goes away.
- Zap2it is not set-up to deal with x thousand pay
accounts, so if a pay service for data does come along
it will be from another organization (or other
organizations).

Regardless, you will need to look at upgrading your
MythTV box between now and September 1st.

Colin McGregor