linuxcaffe workshop; The Art of Ardour

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 19 19:25:20 UTC 2007

On 6/19/07, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
>
> >     For all *TLUG meetings, lack of notice is a major problem. There
> >     should be at least a week's notice of a meeting, and a reminder
> >     the day before.
>
> Come on.
>
> TLUG has been meeting regularly on the 2nd Tuesday of the month for more
> than a decade.
> It may be a problem for those looking to pick and choose specific
> topics, but not a problem with the general issue of "when is the next
> meeting?".
> The meeting location has also been reasonably stable.

Hi Evan,

The original post on this thread was about a terrific workshop being offered
on a Sunday at djp's Linux Caffe -- one I wish I could have gone to, because
building an audio/video workstation is one of the (many) things I'd like to
accomplish using Linux. I'm also kinda keen to see the inside of the Linux
Caffe .. unfortunately, Father's Day also fell on that date, which for me,
made it impossible to attend.

As far as the monthly meetings go, I think *when* they occur is not as large
an obstacle as what the topic is. I'm sure that some TLUG members go to all
of the meetings, partly because they're interested in the topic, but partly
because that's what they do. For example, I have chorus rehearsals every
Monday night -- that's what I do. I think I've missed two rehearsals in
seven or eight years. On Tuesday nights, some of us are juggling all kinds
of other obligations, and have to decide if the topic is a "can't miss", as
well as plan ahead so as to be able to come out.

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario