linuxcaffe workshop; The Art of Ardour

Mike Kallies mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 18 15:22:52 UTC 2007

On 18 Jun 2007 10:41:45 -0400, G. Matthew Rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> "David J Patrick" <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> writes:
> > question; if this is, in fact, the mailing list for Toronto's linux lovers,
> > why are interesting workshops (like this one) drawing 0 responses, from the
> > group ?
>
> Well, there was a greeting card company created holiday this weekend that may
> have taken precedence over this event (and the whole Sonora Dodd created
> fater's day is just propaganda from said companies :)).
>
> Seriously, though, is this a recurring pattern or just this one time?

I think it is a pattern, but I've seen it in non-linuxy stuff too.  Of
50 potential attendees, 40 forget, 5 don't have conflicting plans, 4
get distracted along the way, and 1 has a 50% chance of falling in a
manhole.

Occasionally a weekend is so intensely boring (e.g. massive sporting
event on T.V. and a slow news day on Slashdot), that all 50 just show
up.

I'm thinking that Matthew's right, Father's day probably skewed the
figures this time.

Maybe Slashdot needs geographic categories... then Caffe Events could
make headlines in the "Toronto" category.  hmm...

-Mike