Surge Suppressors

Glen Strom gstrom-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 15 00:02:25 UTC 2007

I bought an APC "SurgeArrest Performance" surge protector. It's model
PF11VT3:
http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=176

It has phone/fax/modem protection built in. The phone hookup works
fine, but my DSL modem (an Alcatel Speed Touch Home) will not sync when
it's plugged in to the surge protector.

I've been reading that DSL modems may not work well with surge
protectors. If this is the case, is there another way to protect the
modem?

This unit also has protection for cable TV. I found that when I use
it, the cable signal degrades. I was told a signal booster would fix
the problem. Is this true?

Thanks.

--
Glen Strom