[OT]: Seeking general Atomic OS usability comments

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 14 17:59:03 UTC 2007

Atomic OS is first and foremost a web development library.

However since it is also the operating environment for it's
applications, I'd be curious to hear what people think of it in
general.

There is a complete re-write of Atomic OS / WAJAX at
http://projects.psema4.com/atomos/

This version is almost entirely object based, and, unlike previous
prototypes, is intended to become a solid foundation for future
versions.  It is expected to become version 1.0 upon release.

If anyone would like to take a look and make comments, it'd be most
appreciated.  Before visiting there are a couple points that should be
noted:

- Only firefox is supported.
- Either open a second Console after browsing to the page, or 'cat
/etc/motd' for a list of important notices about this version.
- Very few commands exist.  It basically provides a shell and browser.
 What I'm looking for is whether or not it is *close* to intuitive for
linux users.

There's still a long way to go on this project, but many of the
problems defined by previous protoypes cores have now been dealt with.

TIA.
- Scott.

--
Scott Elcomb

"Our Founders' faith in the viability of representative democracy
rested on their trust in the wisdom of a well-informed citizenry,
their ingenious design for checks and balances, and their belief that
the rule of reason is the natural sovereign of a free people." - Al
Gore (The Assault on Reason, 2008)

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin

'"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting
on its shoes."  - Mark Twain