Wiki Defacement

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 14 17:13:20 UTC 2007

I know wiki software almost not at all, but I ran into a similar problem
on a Drupal site some time back.

I'm not sure if these tools exist for the wiki software, but can it
include/obtain the ability to...

1) force new accounts to be approved by an admin before allowing the
account to add/modify anything?
This allows for some kind of sanity checking for new accounts (ie, not
from a .cn domain) and to implement at least an informal blacklist

2) send an email to the user, including a link or passcode to be
validated before the account goes live?
This requires a real address be attached to every new account, making
account-faking more difficult (but not impossible)

3) implement captchas to verify new accounts?
This prevents most bots

- Evan