Wiki Defacement

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 13 15:48:27 UTC 2007

On 6/13/07, Alex Beamish <talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 6/13/07, CLIFFORD ILKAY <clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Once I changed the
> > membership to "requires administrative approval", or whatever the
> > Drupal wording was, the problem disappeared.

If the number of adminstrators is increased somewhat, so that we have
quick turnaround on this, that would work.  Particularly if requests
for approval went to a mailing list consisting of the
administrators...  (Unlike some of the other wishful thinking, I think
these things are quite likely to be supported...)

> Great idea -- or if there's some way to put a new user on probation
> for the first 30 days; perhaps allow them to make one change per day.
> And as soon as they spam, their account is closed.

Interesting possibility, if supported.

> And logging the IP address is not a silver bullet, but it could be useful.

"...  memory leaks  are  quite acceptable  in  many applications  ..."
(Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)