Wiki Defacement

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 13 12:36:48 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 08:29, Colin McGregor wrote:
[snip]
> Bottom line, even if the spammer(s) go away NOW and
> don't return (no promise on that score) we still have
> a mess on our hands,,,

This will not help the mess that is already there but for preventing
future messes, is it possible to have moderator approved membership
or requiring the first X changes needing to be approved by a
moderator for them to be published? I was having a problem with link
spam on a Drupal site recently by spammers registering for user
accounts and going nuts with comments on content. Once I changed the
membership to "requires administrative approval", or whatever the
Drupal wording was, the problem disappeared.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis Corporation