Wiki Defacement

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 12 19:22:11 UTC 2007

--- Robert Brockway <robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jun 2007, Robert Brockway wrote:
>
> > 1.  They seem to be doing intelligent test edits
> to see if we'll notice. Eg,
> > they changed C to C++ in someone's bio.
> >
> > 2.  They are way too slow.  I'm reverting faster
> than they are adding.
> > There is no way I could keep up with a bot going
> full speed.
>
> 3.  Because they backoff when I start reverting
> their edits.
>
> They are still active so I hope others are looking
> at the 'Recent Changes'
> too.

Well, I've reversed a few changes, Chris has revered a
few more than me, and Seneca has been playing
"Whac-a-Mole" with this person (people?).

Sigh, grumble. Any good ideas as to how we let GTALug
folks edit pages but block out the total @#$%(s) that
our wiki currently is being hit by?

Still, I have expanded the Wiki by adding a few
articles that I wrote for LinuxJournal.com, so that
the Wiki is hopefully a little better/nicer than it
was before.

Colin McGregor