if BC can do it why not in Ontario?

Marc Lijour marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 9 01:39:28 UTC 2007

On June 6, 2007, bob wrote:
> http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/05/25/1536219

Thank you for the link Bob.

There is a lot of advocacy that could be made with the boards. I know some
which refuse to install software obtain for free on their machines because it
is free, although this free (0 $) software may be provided by a recognized
company such as Intuit Canada.

To the province's credit, we have e-learning courses coming up, a learning
objects repository and an online learning community. The current platform is
maintained by an American company, but it is possible that a Canadian company
bid for the contract in the next round...

As your story epitomizes, one success story is enough to get people on board.
I think the article states clearly the many resistances to change and that
people need an opportunity to see a working system in order to begin a
cost-benefit analysis. Before that, I agree, there is a need for a measure
of "openess" and willingness to assess new solutions.

Marc