iptables and kernels > 2.6.20

Christopher Friedt cfriedt-u6hQ6WWl8Q3d1t4wvoaeXtBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 4 18:57:34 UTC 2007

In the case where anyone is using a kernel >= 2.6.20, have you had any
issues with iptables and nat?

I'm using 2.6.20 and using the exact same config from 2.6.19, which had
worked perfectly before my upgrad, but I receive the following error.

# iptables -L -t nat
FATAL: Module ip_tables not found.
iptables v1.3.7: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not
exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

I have the iptables built directly into my kernel, so it's not actually
built as a module.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

~/Chris