[OT]: The Keys to Slashdot

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 1 01:41:57 UTC 2007

On 5/31/07, Scott Elcomb <psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> While the points I made were (IMO) valid, is the "key to success" on
> Slashdot posting ASAP after an article becomes available?

Yup, that's pretty much the "key to karma."  It fits with the way
journalism works; the *first* one to get to the Big Story gets the
fame and fortune.

Late commentary turns into a big "also ran" situation; no /. "karma"
to be had there...

"...  memory leaks  are  quite acceptable  in  many applications  ..."
(Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)