public DNS servers?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 30 14:00:36 UTC 2007

On 7/30/07, Neil Watson <tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Does anyone have a source for publicly available DNS servers?

Followup question:

- Do you require the ability to add hosts at these DNS servers?

Answers could be:
 - No, I just want an alternative DNS server to the one my ISP /
hosting provider offers; I don't need to add my own hosts to it...

 - Yes, I want this DNS server to be a nameserver for some of my hosts...

"...  memory leaks  are  quite acceptable  in  many applications  ..."
(Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)