Ubuntu/Kubuntu w/ Rotating Box?

David Payne david-KgjyJOZJJiMsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 25 14:09:54 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 01:21:53AM -0400, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> David Payne wrote:
>
> > Compiz Fusion is the best (That I have
> > [...]
> >
> > I no longer use it because it drove me nuts.
>
> Good to know I'm not alone. After a few weeks of trying
> Beryl/Compiz/etc. I too turned it off. The animation of 'turning the
> cube' actually slowed the existing process of moving between virtual
> desktops, which Linux users have taken for granted for many years.
> Transparent screens and windows that drag across the screen like jello
> blobs lose their novelty quickly, and I simply don't see the functional
> advantage.
>
> - Evan

One reason I may go back to Compiz Fusion is for the Expose
feature.  And zooming out to look all all the workspaces at
the same time could be handy too.  But I am going to wait
until it gets a bit more stable.  I think I would only
enable the features I find useful.  I would not have jello
windows or transparent cubes.

David