combining file lists: a logic problem

Neil Watson tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 24 17:29:45 UTC 2007

Consider this example:

CMS files:
r1
r2
r3
r4
x5

Code build files:
c1
c2
c3
c4
x5

Not that both sources produce a commond file, x5.  Both sources are
generated by other means that I do not trust to produce a file manifest.
I combine the lists into single hierarchy and import them into a
Subversion repository.

Combined Repository:
r1
r2
r3
r4
x5
c1
c2
c3
c4

Now suppose the CMS files change:
r1 is modified
r2 is the same
r3 is the same
r4 is removed
r5 is added
x5 is modified

These files are copied to a working copy of the repository, except r4
which was removed from the CMS files.  However, r4 still exists in the
repository.  A Subversion status will report the modifications and the
added files but, the removed file will show as unchanged.  How can I
have the file r4 removed automatically?

--
Neil Watson             | Debian Linux
System Administrator    | Uptime 16 days