Startup Weekend Toronto

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 22 18:23:58 UTC 2007

Just to note, Startup Weekend is coming to Toronto,
September 14-16. The idea behind Startup weekend is to
get 60+ people together in one building to brainstorm
and create a Web 2.0 company in weekend.

>From the website:

"Create a new startup Web 2.0 company in 1 weekend,
wind up owning a share of the enterprise, meet some
great people in both your own field and beyond, have a
great time and even have the chance to have YOUR idea
become the focus for the new venture.   What is the
value of an original share in Google, Face Book or
Microsoft worth now?"

Now, personally I have doubts about the viability of
this sort of venture, but it sounds like a fantastic
networking opportunity and a good way to learn more
about building a small business.

In exchanging e-mails with the event organizer, Ron
Smith (who I have worked for), I gather his big
concern is getting enough coders/developers, and
getting to many marketters...

The main web page is here:

  www.toronto.startupweekend.com

The (free) registration page is here: