PC/104

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 18 17:16:06 UTC 2007

Alex Beamish wrote:
> In any case, I'm not sure why one would bother with such an old piece
> of equipment. That sounds like the platform I used for a third year
> project on in 1981 (Z80 with 32K RAM). Anything with an 8-bit
> processor is by now an antique.

It depends on what 8-bit processor it is and what one needs to do with it.
There are a number of old/antique ones still around but are still used by a
lot of people. (ie. PICs and 8051's). For something that is still in the 8-bit
field but is somewhat newer (and that are quite interesting devices) check out
the 8-bit AVR microcontrollers from Atmel.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.