PC/104

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 18 16:57:45 UTC 2007

On 7/18/07, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 05:44:20PM +0200, Christopher Friedt wrote:
> > Check out www.embeddedarm.com ... the hardware is excellent and very
> > good for entry level embedded stuff.

[..]

> Has anyone every ported uclinux to an 8bit cpu with 32k ram?  I highly
> doubt it.  Way too small for a unix system.

I doubt it too. One of the comments on the

  http://www.linuxdevices.com/

site talks about running Linux in 1M RAM and 1M flash -- but that's
about as slim as it gets.

In any case, I'm not sure why one would bother with such an old piece
of equipment. That sounds like the platform I used for a third year
project on in 1981 (Z80 with 32K RAM). Anything with an 8-bit
processor is by now an antique.

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario