GNU mailman configuration for multiple domain

Kihara Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 18 12:41:42 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have googled for a couple of days on the changes I need to do to
make mailman handle multiple domain with no luck.   I wonder if
someone here can offer a helping hand.

The setup is on RHEL4, and exim 4 is the MTA. Mailman is currently
running and handling one domain's mailing list well. However, since
the MTA is configured with virtual domains, and a couple of those
domain exist, I would love the flexibility of having a list on any of
these domains.

I have tried monkeying with mm_cfg.py file, but I have to be doing
something wrong, as the changes don't seem to be helping. These is
what I thought should fix it

DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'pop.example.com'
#DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'example.com'

VIRTUAL_HOSTS =
{'pop.example.com':'example.com','pop.example.org':'example.org'}

add_virtualhost('pop.example.com','example.com')
add_virtualhost('pop.example.org','example.org')

This I thought was enough, but every list I have created get
example.com domain. This is despite invoking newlist command as below
/var/mailman/bin/newlist meetings-hcDgGtZH8xNAfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org

I will get meeting-hcDgGtZH8xNBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org

Anything I could be overlooking please?
Regards