Apache2 and virtual hosts

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 17 19:54:22 UTC 2007

John Van Ostrand wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 13:19 -0400, Jamon Camisso wrote:
>
>> Debian calls that binary apache2ctl, --configtest is a good idea in
>> addition to -S.
>

> That's my Fedora accent. Thanks for the clarification.

It's funny, I find myself using apachectl rhel/centos/fedora etc. all
the time since the config files/directories and such *seem* less well
organized than Debian. Whereas with Debian I find I use it less. Dunno
why. I guess so many people have a monolithic httpd.conf with vhosts
it's a sanity check compared to looking at a single site.conf and using
a2ensite.

Jamon