Apache2 and virtual hosts

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 17 16:59:50 UTC 2007

Hi all,

   I'm using Debian and Apache2, which uses individual files for virtual
hosts. Currently, if any one of the VH containers are misconfigured,
Apache2 as a whole won't come back up on restart or will fail on reload.

   I am writing a management console for our customers who host with us,
and I would like to allow them to edit their own VH container file. I
worry though that a user will make a mistake and take the whole web
server down.

   Is there a way anyone knows up that I can tell Apache to disregard a
misconfigured VH container (possibly send an alert) and continue loading
the rest of the virtual hosts?

   Thanks!

Madi