PC/104

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 16 21:07:00 UTC 2007

Does anybody around has some experience with these toys?

I once noticed this link in email of one of active participants of this list
(I remember very well of whom, I am sorry not to remember the name):

http://www.syscompdesign.com/mppkit.htm

But thats not quite what i am looking for.

My boss (he is very good in hardware but learns Linux from me rather)
directed me to PC/104.

I had some reading on the subject. But I do not still quite know how to
approach it.

Would it be difficult to assamble something with Linux running on it?

This seems to be a big industry, perhaps well standardized (
http://www.pc104.org).

Is it worth to invest time to learning these things? How that is related to
embedded Linux in cell phones? Is there a job market for that kind of
computer art?

I am sure that there are people around with some related experience. I
simply would like to play with it. Possibly in some not very far future I
would also need that kind of knowledge in my work.

zb.