semi-pro PCI snd crd for linux

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 13 20:51:29 UTC 2007

I am upgrading my home recording studio.

I need a linux-friendly PCI sound card with co-axial S/PDIF input that
will work in a PIII 733 MHz machine.

Background: Unless I get better advice, I am going to get Focusrite's
Trakmaster Pro microphone preamplifier/compressor and their Platinum Pro
ADC add-on. I'll get these from Long & McQuade in Toronto. What L&McQ
can't help me with is a linux-friendly PCI sound card (for my PIII 733
MHz processor PC) that has a digital in (co-axial S/PDIF). My PC
currently has the SoundBlaster Live 5.1 which does not have digital in
(let alone co-axial S/PDIF).

Any ideas?

Chris