borrow my mythtv for a year? & my xbox?

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 11 14:41:31 UTC 2007

--- Matt Price <matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> hi there,
>
> we're going on sabbatical and i'm trying to empty
> the house; among other
> things i have a an old dell optiplex with a
> hauppauge pvr-350 which i
> guess will break soon when the tv listings are no
> longer available for
> free (see longish thread on this).  so i can't leave
> it for the renters,
> and wondered whether anyone onthe llist would want
> to try it out for a
> while, on the condition that you be willing to part
> with it again when i
> get back.

MythTV listings MIGHT continue to be available for
free, BUT what is clear is that they will not be
available (for free or for a fee) from Zap2it Labs.
Bottom line regardless is that between now and
September 1st all North American MythTV boxes will
need to be upgraded to support a different TV listing
service.

In other words anyone borrowing the above box should
count on doing a software upgrade in the near
future...