Compiling k3b in Slackware

Glen Strom gstrom-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 11 04:13:18 UTC 2007

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 23:34:54 -0400 (EDT)
sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have Slack 11 installed, and found that, after installing the
> works, k3b wasn't there.  I downloaded a source tarball from
> Sourceforge, and compiled it.
>
> ./configure didn't seem to report any errors, but doing a "make"
> failed.
>
> Anyone get k3b to compile under Slack 11? What did you do ?

First of all, I'm still running Slackware 10.2, but I've found k3b can
be touchy if you don't have all of the mandatory packages installed.
Without knowing the error messages you got from make, I can't add much
more to that.

Did you know that there is a slackware package for k3b in the /extra
directory? It's right here:
ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/slackware/slackware-11.0/extra/k3b/

One last point that you may or may not care about. Slackware 12 was
released a couple of days ago.

--
Glen Strom
gstrom-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org