input output error

hui xu louiehui_xu-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 11 01:47:55 UTC 2007

I tried

 fdisk -l /dev/sda, I got blank output

with

  file -s /dev/sda /dev/sda, I got

/dev/sda:  file: read failed (Input/output error)

with

 /sbin/pvdisplay /dev/sda , I got

ERROR "pv_read(): read" no VAILD physical volum
"/dev/sda"

Doese these means my disk is broken so I have to buy a
new one?

Thansk!
LOuie

--- Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>