Web Hosting Problem

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 7 16:28:51 UTC 2007

On Saturday 07 July 2007 10:17, John McGregor wrote:
> Aaron Vegh wrote:
> > For what it's worth, my current Rogers IP is 99.247.12.47.
> >
> > Madi, you should have just seen a hit from me on the matureit.ca
> > site. It came up no problem. This discussion has told me a lot
> > about IP assignments (thanks!) but I don't think that's the issue
> > here.
> >
> > In fact, through this whole thread I've never seen downtime on
> > this site. In fact, it loads surprisingly fast.
>
> That's interesting and something that I will pass on to Rogers tech
> department since my Rogers IP is 74.103.40.129 and I can't access
> the site. The last time I had access was Thurs. evening and then
> only for about two hours. I'm beginning to wonder if they have some
> mis-configured equipment upstream of me that they don't know (care)
> about.

I do not believe this issue has anything to do with bogons. I have had
the same IP address in the 74.102.XXX.XXX range for over a year on
Rogers and see the occasional weird DNS problem like this. As I
indicated earlier, Rogers never acknowledges these problems and
eventually, the problems disappear as mysteriously as they appeared.
Try the public DNS offered by OpenDNS <http://www.opendns.com/>,
208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222 instead of the Rogers DNS to see
what happens.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay