tell ipod a recording is an 'audiobook'?

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 6 13:49:30 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 09:37 -0400, Matt Price wrote:

> ah, ok.  well, i've been using abcde to encode to mp3 and wav.  on
> ubuntu,
> apt-cache search m4b
> returns no results.  do you know of an encoder that manages m4b
> conversion?

The tool you're looking for is faad (apt-get install faad should do the
trick).  I don't have any of my old scripts handy, or I'd give you a
sample command line.  The defaults work for the most part, but you have
to get the arguments right in order to set the wrapper metadata properly
- I've yet to find a tool that will edit AAC metadata properly after the
fact.

-kms