Looking for BIG capacitors.

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 5 11:59:04 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 14:19 -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:

> I am looking to clear an old electronic project that I
> started a while back and then never got finished. The
> problem was the design I was following calls for a
> 0.33 F  capacitor (yes, 0.33 F or a 330,000 uF cap.,
> which is HUGE). Fortunately the highest voltage this
> capacitor should have to take is 5 volts, so it
> doesn't have to be a very high voltage capacitor, just
> high capacitance. I have not been able to source such
> big capacitor locally, I have tried the usual places
> (Active Surplus, Active Components, Electrosonic,
> Sayel, Above All) with no luck.
>
> Anyone know of a place locally that sells HIGH value
> capacitors? Or am a looking at the mail order route?

Very surprised active surplus didn't have anything, but they're stock
changes all the time.  Sayal sometimes has good stuff, otherwise you're
best bet is something on the internet.

BTW:  What in the world are you looking to store that much charge for?
Audio application or power conversion of some sort?

Good luck!

-kms