Web Hosting problem

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 4 16:51:46 UTC 2007

Madison Kelly wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
>> Fraser Campbell wrote:

>>> Try to narrow it down, I would start with:
>>>
>>> * presumably your IP has recently changed, is it a DNS problem ...
>>> * can client connect to webserver but just not get the data/page ...
>>> * ??? that's all for now ;-)
>>>

>> What is the current IP address?  That name doesn't seem to resolve now.
>
> The IP is 192.139.81.119 and my domain (alteeve.com) is on the same
> server and has been registered for ten years now. Does it resolve?

I just tried from both home and work.  At home, on Rogers, I tried
pinging www.matureit.ca and got no response.  I then tried alteeve.com
and it worked, as did 192.139.81.119.  All three work from my office on
Sympatico.  I then again tried www.matureit.ca from home and it now
works.  There was only a minute or two between the two attemps from home.