Call for job and 'extended hours'

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 4 11:32:12 UTC 2007

> I've blown off a lot of those by putting my expectations at the inital
> discussion. The hours of those jobs don't bother me as that's almost standard
> today it seems. At least they're up front about it.

Fine, and I am not concerned about the hours either, in itself. I was more
concerned about Scott mentioning that a certain employer expected a successful
candidate to work 50 hours per week *without overtime pay*. I think things like
lack of overtime pay are in violation of labour standards, and ought to concern
people.

You can blow them off and say "not for me", but in reality it shouldn't be for
anybody.

Paul King