Web hosting problem

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 4 03:07:00 UTC 2007

John McGregor left a post-it on the fridge:

> I recently hired Nouvelocity Systems to host my new website
> www.matureit.ca and they have been terrific, but there is a problem. No
> client of Rogers can access it while its been proven that any client of any
> other ISP both in Canada and the USA can load it easily. Do any of you know
> of quirks with the Rogers network that Nouvelocity Systems would have to
> implement in order to rectify this. I have contacted Rogers and they have
> told me that they are getting their network engineers to investigate (but I'm
> not sure that I should hold out for much success on their end).

I am not a Roger's client, but I did take a look at the site to see what was
what, and I noticed this:

5. Have you installed and software or hardware recently and if so what was it?

I'm assuming that should be 'any', not 'and', no?

Also, I kinda chuckled when I read this:

9. Did you smell anything coming from the machine?

I bet a lot of your target audience is going to read that and go 'Wha?' =)

--
JoeHill